Sunday, May 17, 2009

Enemy Pie


Enemy Pie
Author: Derek Munson
Illustrator: Tara Calahan King

Summary: It was the start of a perfect of summer. I was on the best baseball team, dad had just built treehouse for me, and my sister was at camp for three weeks, but things changed when Jeremy Ross moved in next door to my best friend Stanley. I didn't like him and he became my one and only enemy. Dad knew all about this and he told me he had the perfect way to get rid of enemies.... enemy pie! All I had to do was to hang out with Jeremy for one whole day and my dad would take care of the pie. I thought this would be easy but I found out my dad's enemy pie worked out differently than I had imagined. This is a cute book about making friends and learning to get along with others. It has fun pictures and is cute. It does have more text per page so younger children will have a harder time listening. But I'm sure it is one that will help you make friends and have you baking up some enemy pie.

The buzzer rang, and Dad put on the oven mitts and pulled the pie out of the oven. It looked like plain, old pie. It looked good enough to eat! I was catching on. But still, I wasn't really sure how this Enemy Pie worked. What exactly did it do to enemies? Maybe it made thier hair fall out, or their breath stinky. Maybe it made bullies cry.

Ages: 5-9
Use to teach: Friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment