Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beatin' the Summer Slugs

Now that summer is about to begin it's hard to remember to make time for reading and for books. I've found some fun ideas that you might like to try this summer with your little bookbug. Here is the first one:

Reading Rockets: Has 10 weeks of Summer Reading Adventures for you to try. I really like this one because it includes fun ideas that incorporate summer activities that you may be doing and lots of outdoor activities as well. You can also adapt the ideas for younger or older kids. Each week has a theme, such as Celebrate Summer, Travel the world, Discover Recipes and more. I'm going to try to do some of these activities throughout the summer. I'll let you know how they go. Here is the site to read all about each week: http://www.readingrockets.org/article/391

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I am going to have to try this one for sure. Sorry I have been bad about commenting. We're still moving in and are stealing the internet from someone in our complex.

    ReplyDelete