Saturday, March 21, 2009

Big A Little A

It's time for a few Seussical Stories. Since March is the birthday month of Dr. Seuss, Theodore Geisel, I decided that there wasn't a better time than now to enjoy some of our favorite Seuss books. Originally I wanted to find a few that were less known and suggest them. But living in little Cedar City I found that quest was a bit more difficult than I thought. After looking in the book stores and at the library I had a hard time finding new books. I decided I would review some of our favorites and then below show a few pictures of other Dr. Seuss books for you to try out and of course for Rose and I to keep our eyes open for as well! Hopefully throughout the week we will add other Seuss books since there are so many to choose from.

Dr. Seuss's ABC's
Author: Dr. Seuss
Summary: In this book you are introduced to the alphabet Dr. Seuss style. You'll see fiffer feffer feff's, quacking quackeroo's and of course a duck dog too! It's a fun and exciting way to read about the alphabet and is sure to be stuck in your mind after a few reads. I've found this Dr. Seuss is good for younger ages and great for repetition as a small child reads. Rose and I really enjoy this book

Big A little a what begins with A? Aunt Annie's Alligator. A a A
Ages: 0-6
Use to teach: Alphabet(sound and letters), Rhyming



The Foot Book
Author: Dr. Seuss

Summary: This silly book is all about feet. In true Dr. Seuss fashion these feet are high, low, red, black, furry, and lots more. Although more simple this book is sure to keep you entertained and while taking you through all sorts of feet also teaches you about opposites.

Left Foot, Left Foot, Right Foot, Right. Feet in the morning, Feet at night.

Ages: 0-7
Use to teach: Rhyming, Feet, Opposites



Yertle the Turtle
Author: Dr. Seuss

Summary: "On the far-away- island of Sala-ma- sond Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond." But the king of this pond gets a little too greedy and soon isn't pleased with his little old kingdom and wants more and more and more. This is only stopped with a plain little turtle named Mack, sneezes and puts Yertle back where he belongs. This is a classic Seuss story told only the way he can do it and I have to admit it has to be one of my most favorite Seuss books!

"I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down on the bottom we, too, should have rights!"
Ages: 3 and up
Use to teach: Greed, Humility, Rhyming

Other books to check for that I haven't read:






I'll post some more of our favorites throughout the week. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment